Sunday 2 October 2011

PHOTO SHOOT AND SOME NEW FAIR STUFF...

A couple of weeks ago we did a mini photo shoot with the lovely Evy from ByEvy Photography on a farm close to where we live...I was a bit worried as the weather had been atrocious through the day (had been soaked through watching Morgan play football and quite a lot of games had been cancelled) but our time slot was 4.30pm and it was probably the nicest part of the day...the kids had a lovely time and I even have some photos of Morgan smiling...so all good...this is just a couple of the photos that I got on disc all beautifully packaged up from Evy yesterday!!! I would thoroughly recommend her....

Onto the Ladies Shopping Night in aid of funds for Strathburn Park 2s and Playgroup...once again a lot of ladies turned out for this very well supported event and spent lots of pennies, especially at my stall so thank you ladies....



This is a couple of canvases I made this week as I am trying to move on with the stall items and get some new and fresh ideas in... these were both inspired by cards that I had seen on Pinterest (which is just the most brilliant site ever and if you aren't a member - why not????)





This is a button chalkboard which started out as a magnetic chalkboard but about 8 coats of magnetic chalkboard paint later it still wasn't magnetic...lol.. so I gave up and gave it a couple of coats of Claudine's black acrylic paint which works brilliantly as chalkboard....the buttons were mostly from blog candy won from the Artful Splodger(remember the box I gave to Sonja for her birthday - it was full of buttons when I received it) and I hot glue gunned them on which took a few hours and a lot of swear words!!!!!


This is a tiny wee box that got the same treatment as the bigger one except I used a Stampin' Up stamp and punch along with some Hero Arts Digi butterflies to create the top...I glossy accented the butterflies to make them pop....




These Christmas Countdowns are made from 'upcycled' stamp blocks and the kids old building block...lots of paint to cover them...the papers used are Festive Signature from MyMindsEye...and I stamped and embossed using some new embossing enamel from Stampendous called Vintage Silver...It's lush!!!





And that's it from me for today...I now need to get cracking with some orders that I had from last night...


TTFN(as the kids say)


Kirsti xxx

6 comments:

  1. Terrific photos Kristi and loving your wonderful makes. Have a brilliant week, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos, and stunning projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, who's been busy then? I'm astounded... everything you've shown here is so gorgeous!
    The children, by the way, are so adorable! Great photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, who's been busy then? I'm astounded... everything you've shown here is so gorgeous!
    The children, by the way, are so adorable! Great photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous pics of the kids and how grown up they all look....you must be one proud mummy. x
    Love all your crafty items especially the canvasses. Great stuff!
    Crafty hugs,
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely photo of them all together. You have been busy so many ideas - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo