Tuesday 12 July 2011

UFO NUMBER 1

Right as part of mine and Sonja's stash busting/UFO finishing challenge this is a mini book that I started at a workshop at Simply Create quite a few months ago....

I was going to use a series of photos from a day out we had a Haughton Park in Alford with cousins, aunties, uncle and friends til I realised I only had about 5 pictures(forgot I was going to get some from Pete but never did) so I decided to make it a book about April 2011 instead and since it was Morgan and Ellie's 12th and 11th birthdays on the 14th...


It's a very picture heavy post so I wont bore you with the 'how it was put together' waffle, I will just let you enjoy the photos...


I love these flowers and my niece was round one night and her pearly necklace snapped all over the conservatory floor and I said I would string it back together for her but never did so i pinched them and used some for the insides of these gorgeous flowers on the front cover...






The very front cover is perspex so the flowers and the lovely swirly stamp are on the outside and when you open it you can see the full LO...






Morgan on his birthday...not looking very happy....




The terrible twosome - Niamh and Blair - they are either fighting like cat and dog or best of buds....a very love/hate relationship but they are very close cousins....



Ellie's friends on her birthday sleep-over...


Trying to light the candles outside was hilarious as it was quite a breezy day...we would no sooner have some lit than they would all start going out...gave up in the end!!!


Niamh lost her first tooth so was very excited....


One of my cherry blossoms in full bloom...



Mother's Day...not exactly what look Allan was aiming for here...lol...



And I love the label for the back...even tho it's Jacqui's design I have made it my own unique book with the photos used and the different page arrangements ....I am funny like that when I go to a class I am always trying to change things so they are not carbon copies of the whole class...


Anyhoos - Thanks for looking...

Kirsti

xxx


PS - Next on the list of UFOs is one of the Rusty Pickle books from his last workshhop - only got a couple of pages to finish in it...

8 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! The photos are amazing - sweet and funny and heartwarming too. Love the colours - very springtime-fresh and not too 'flouncy'. I so love this... it's just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Must finish mine too but have now packed up all my craft stuff for the move! Hope to catch up soon sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if the last comment worked silly blogger! Anyway looking good and I'm glad to see stash busting has commenced lol. Will be looking out for Rusty Pickle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great album.Love the flowers on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant and well done you for finishing it. Love the bright colours. I still have loads of mini books I've started and have yet to finish. Maybe I'll take a leaf out out of yours and Sonja's book. Have a great day :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful mini book - all of the pages are simply lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it's gorgeous ... so pretty and fresh.

    thank you so much for the lovely comments you left me - I truly appreciate them xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous - I especially love the Mothers day page with the trees

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo