Monday 27 June 2011

Well here is my very late offering for this month's design team kit from Simply Create...sorry it took so long and all that....

I started with a blank canvasboard and added some dressmaking pattern using ModPodge(don't worry about the creases and crinkles too much, it just adds to the texture of the background) and then coloured it in green and blue paint....



I was going to cut the bunting flags(Glitz-Afternoon Muse Banner) from the 12x12 out individually until I realised that if I cut out just that bit of it fitted perfectly onto the canvas and I love the way the paper blends in with the painted background..I did cut round the bottom row and crumpled them a bit tho for a bit more of a layered look....


I used various stamps from the DT set of Lost and Found(Union Square 'Perfect') and a couple of Stampin Up rollers which I like as you don't get the whole image just bits of it to add interest to the background....I also splattered some Stampin Up All Purpose Ink in Frost White using a paintbrush...



I made various flowers which were duly crumpled and inked using cardstock and added buttons and ribbon and pearls for the centres and hand drew the stalks and leaves...I almost forgot I did the very bottom of the canvas with Ranger Distress Crackle Paint in Antique Linen and then added some more lovely shimmery ink from Stampin Up for some added shine..




I cut out the word SUMMER using Tim Holtz Vintage Market Die and added a few little drops of shimmer ink to that to...


Thanks for looking and have a great summer everyone...I have enjoyed my roll on the Design Team very much - it has definitely given me a little more confidence in myself....


Kirsti xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Blogger being annoying and wouldn't let me comment on the team blog...this is GORGEOUS!!!!
    I love the bunting and the flowers...yummy papers too!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiufl , I love everything about it, well done you :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab stuff Mrs Cook I love it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous i love the colours and the bunting is so cute, and i really really love the button flower YUM Costa del Scotland sounds lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, the flowers look so pretty with the ribbon. Love to you all.....xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo