Tuesday 7 June 2011

WELL HELLO THERE....

Sorry I know I said I would be a better Blogger this month and I have failed miserably....the reason being is that I have been busy doing a few fairs and trying to keep up with all the kids activities....

Anyhoos...Allan and I managed to get a weekend away together and decided to go to Edinburgh...I love Edinburgh..it feels like my 'spiritual home' as Allan put it...must be something to do with being born there...it's my favourite city ever...







We stayed at Malmaison in Leith courtesy of Allan's work(20 year service award...I also got a gorgeous silver Links of London bracelet as he didn't want anything out of the corporate brochure!)






Enjoying dinner in the Brasserie...lovely it was too....


Being silly with the camera...Allan's atmospheric shot of the crane....



I like like this one a little better...heehee...




The castle....




The Walter Scott Monument...It's a long time since I have been to the top...I think the last time would have been with my good friend Mandy when she came to visit...eeek...THAT was a LONG time ago....I think that's the last time I was at the top of Bennachie as well...ooops...going to remedy that this summer!!!




SPORTS DAY TODAY....










My proud little Niamh with her 1st - 2nd and 3rd badges....you should have seen her do the monkey crawl...won by a mile...lol...no photos of the bigger kids yet but should have some next week once Pete emails them to me(he has a MUCH better camera than me)....




Well that's the news for now...if you want to see any crafty photos you can look here on my Facebook page...I think this is why I haven't been doing blogging lately as I seem to just be uploading to there....




Will catch up next week...am of to Manchester tomorrow to see Take That...excited.com....will be back sometime on Friday and then of to Glasgow on Saturday to watch Morgan play Celtic...so next week I should be a little quieter and will be catching up with my Father's Day orders, etc...




Have a great week everyone....xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love Edinburgh too. My sister and I are hoping to have a weekend there...at some point :)

    Well done Niamh on winning her races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to vacation,looks lovely indeed.
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab although I'm sure Oban would have been just as much fun. I like the brooch in the brasserie. How many have you made now? Enjoy the boys!
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray, you are back blogging. Glad you had a great time in Edinburgh. Yeah I remember all those ruddy steps in the Walter Scott Monument, and dont get me started on the Bennachie climb. Its just a small hill we were told - turned out it was a massive mountain!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo