Wednesday 2 March 2011

SHE ART WORKSHOP...

On Monday the She Art Workshop started and I was so excited....I hummed and haaaed about signing up as I am really bad at doing this and then not following through with them but I REALLY liked the look of this one....Christy is doing another one sometime in April so why not check it out....

Anyway we started on Monday with painting up and layering backgrounds on canvases which I am loving and suddenly seem to have got the hang of...

This one is direct to canvas using a stencil and some spray inks and a little paint and some bubble wrap and sequin waist...I also used a roller stamp over it in places...

This one is another direct to canvas using one of the kids ABC stencils and some spray ink...I toned down the green edges by rubbing some antique white paint (which was almost dry) into it and then added a mask and some pink spray ink...and down below another mask with blue and some more of the roller stamps randomly done...



This one has some old book pages, music pages, the postage sticker that came on a parcel that morning and a doilly...then some blue paint with yellow added thru sequin waste and bubble wrap with a bit of blue reverse sequin waste thrown in for good measure and some more random stamping...I love the way the whole stamp doesn't show up because canvas pushes down when you stamp being a softer surface if that makes sense???


This I think is my favourite..I scoured every charity shop in Inverurie looking for old dressmaking patterns to no avail so ended up buy one from the sewing shop...I covered pretty much the whole canvas and left all the wrinkles and then splodged green and blue paint all over, then more sequin waste and stencils...I love this one!!

This one has patterned papers and a piece of one of the girls old t-shirts on the bottom left all glued on using Mod Podge, then stencilled and stamped and I have even added some Glittered Mod Podge which you can't see in the picture but looks great IRL...(I only have a point and shoot camera and even if I did have really good one I wouldn't know how to use it...lol..)The colours are also way more vibrant IRL...I added some flowers which I just used my finger and some paint to do circles and then doodled round with a pen but I did that after taking the pics...
and last of all is this one...the patterns on here are the waste ink from the reverse of the stencils (wast not want not!!)...some of it pooled so I blew on it really hard to spread it..I like it as its wee and dinky - only 4" x 4" and the stamp in the corner is one of my all time favourites....

That's me for today, once I have cleaned the floors and had my shower (been for a 6 mile walk this morning) I was hoping to get at least one girl done but I won't have time now before school so will have to wait til after kids are in bed...

17 comments:

  1. Looks great, I especially love your last canvas though! I'm thinking of picking this course up in April, just don't have time at the moment. Will be watching with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOooo these are gorgeous Kirsti. So much variety in styles and colours.
    I'm planning on doing a big canvas myself, but am nervous of starting it so I think I may need to sign up for this!! Thanks for the link xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTABULOUS backgrounds...I love them ALL!!!! Looks like an interesting course...I just popped over there for a peek! Would be seriously tempted if only I had a little spare time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you got loads done I'm loving all the different techniques you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just found your blog today and can't wait to see more. Your canvas pictures are amazing, I love the colours, well done :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking gorgeous, you have been busy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just beautiful Kirsti .
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all terrific and you have had the bestest time am sure. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the canvases and I'm still jealous but maybe April. Love the fav stamp it's one of mine as well. See ya next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the workshop too Kirsti and I think your favourite is mine too. I can't bring myself to cut up any of my old patterns I need to hunt some down in a charity shop. I've only just got over using old books :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you are really enjoying yourself - lovely projects.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, these look fab. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My god, youve been busy. Whats all this about a 6 mile walk - are you insane. I havent been to the gym for 3 months - another waste of money.

    Will phone you next week when everything has calmed down. Phew, its been a hectic few weeks. Love to you all....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like you have been having lots of fun...love the backgrounds...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great!! I love the result!!

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the canvases! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great canvasses.. I missed out on the course :( didn't realise they would close registration!
    Hope you are well. Have a great weekend. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo