Tuesday 8 March 2011

NEW THINGS IN THE SHOP

Some new things in the shop this week....

These two little owl cards I found in an old copy of the CARDS magazine and I thought it was cute so I did one each way...The patterned paper is a border cut using the Cricut and stretched...

Trying to use up older blanks I have in my storage boxes....these are so wee and dinky...

More using up stash....and some machine stitching...I am definitely getting better at that...

This came from an idea from RedLead(love their style)...I used the Cricut to cut the house shape from a piece of mountboard...not easy as it doesn't cut right through even with the deepcut blade(I think mine is broken tho as it kept going veering of so I changed back to the normal blade and just used a scalpel to cut through...) I had to cheat with the E as I didn't have any left so it's actually an F with the 'dot' (which is a square) from an exclamation mark and taped it on and then covered with patterned paper...There is also some more machine stitching on this one - zig-zag this time...getting braver...lol and the flower is a left over from another project...lots of upcycled pieces in here...

That's it today...Got some bunting that I need to string together and photograph but it's a little windy outside for pics so might not get that done today...I heard there is snow forecast for tomorrow so maybe not then either:0(

5 comments:

  1. Loving the owls cards. I saw the weather forecast and thought of you - oh no, not more snow. Sorry not had time to phone you, its been manic here, Charlie goes for his eye test at the hospital tomorrow, then no more appointments until the 8th April. Take care, hope you dont get snowed in!....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card,great use of tidbits.
    Snow here in Michigan another 6 in. predicted for Wednesday.
    Really wishing for Spring !
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic, well done!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a busy beaver. Love the owls, ace colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pieces look fab - you have been busy.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo