Friday 11 February 2011

VINTAGE STYLE SEWING NOTEPAD

A little altered shoppers notepad...I love taking these really cheap little boring notepads and making them into something a little bit special... The papers are by....I can't remember...but are the same ones I used to make my paper wreath which must have been pre-blogging days as I this is the only reference I can find to it!!! Think they might be Kay and Co (double sided)... The dressmakers form and sentiments are Hero Arts...

the seam bind is from Prairie Bird Boutique...I have just ordered the Marie Antoinette and the Victorian Beauty bundles as it's so lush...

I ventured into stitching it all together and am quite pleased with how it turned out...I can see the sewing machine being used a lot more in the future...anyway I have just added this to my Etsy shop...

Thanks for looking...
Kirsti xx

17 comments:

  1. Love it Kirsti, I think it does look like K & Co papers...but what would I know, LOL.
    Have a fabby weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific altered notebook Kirsti, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Fabulous notebook Kirsti.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your vintage notepad kirsti....and it is very K&Co....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two of my favourite things at the moment - seam binding and dress makers forms. I love it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great.What a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute Kirsti. *Ü* I love dress forms and I MUST get me a stamp. Love the colours too. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great notepad ,Kirsti, and good seeing you're at the sewing machine --- would love to see the cushions finished ! he he !
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your altered notebook. The colours are just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's a great notepad!! I'm usually very much into the clean and simple look but lately (ever since I got a distressing kit!!) I have started experimenting more with the vintage look!! I think I'll have to pop in here a bit more often to get some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow such beautiful projects on your blog.I need to incorporate stitching in my projects too :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this one, down at Mums for half term, hopefully will get the chance to post when I get back, lots of things happening here, will tell all on my return. Love to you all....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is great, you have really transformed it! You just can't have enough notebooks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful altered notepad Kirsti, well done

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo