Thursday 10 February 2011

SIMPLY CREATE CHALLENGE...

If you hop on over to Simply Create you will notice that they have a fab challenge going on at the moment with 100 pounds of stash up for grabs...and if you hurry you still have time to enter...closing date is 14th February...

This is my entry...
I used an SVG template from Dan99 for the Cricut and cut out this gorgeous wee house...it is actually a Christmas house in his description but I have made it a lovely Spring house for my project....
I used some cardstock from a pad by We R Memory Keepers that I picked up in TK MAXX last weekend for about 7 pounds...there are some gorgeous colours in it and it has a white core so is ideal for distressing...
I overstamped the house shape with the Tim Holtz brick stamp and then punched out some mini flowers and drew on the stems...

The roof is actually a piece of the blue cardstock but I coloured it with brown ink and then ran through the Big Shot with the woodgrain texture plate(borrowed from Sonja) and the eaves are made using the Scallop punch from Stampin' Up...

The butterfly is one I had left over from a couple of cards I made last week...It is a digi one from Hero Arts that I have had my eye on in the 'real life' set but wasn't so keen on the rest of the pack so bought this one instead...

Thanks for looking....
Kirsti xx

12 comments:

  1. This is just too sweet. What a lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Kirsti! I'm inspired. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely entry :o) Good luck. Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirsti

    How cute is your little house - love that you've created the "brickwork" how very creative! The butterfly and flowers are pretty too!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhh it's amazing ... really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirsti that is one cute house. I'm hoping to find time to have a go at the Alford challenge on Sunday after I've got all my work over with. Watch this space 'cause I've got my boy home too!
    Loving your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving it, loving it, loving it.

    Sorry I havent been in touch for a while. Its been a hectic week here. Charlie has been diagnosed with Childhood Arthritis. He needs to go for a special eye test at the hospital because fluid can hang around at the back of the eye and if not treated can harm his sight. He also will needssteroid injections in his knee, but the doc has said that it could spread to another joint. I think they will put him to sleep for this, which I am dreading - been through it 3 times with Henrietta, just not a nice experience. Just had Henrietta at the hospital for a hearing test from her grommet op last year. She has got the all clear, so at least wont have to be returning for her. Oh yeah, and its nearly time to set off for bloody golden time - can you tell I love it - NOT. Hugs.....xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabby house Kirsti. Scrummy colours & your butterfly looks gorgeous.. do you fancy making a house for each season? wouldn't like look nice altogether :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute Kirsty. Love it. Love how you've used the colours and heart from the mood board.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I'm officially losing it as I was pretty sure I commented on this little beauty already. I'm blaming wedding invite overload lol. It's a really cute housey and very fresh and spring like. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo