Sunday 6 February 2011

BIRTHDAY INVITATIONS...

The other week my friend Gaynor asked me if I would do some invitations for Layton's 5th birthday using the photographs from the Christmas cards she had left over...

She wanted them done on the same card as I had used for Niamh's birthday invites last year but I didn't have any left so I dug into my precious Stampin' Up 12"x12" Kraft card that I have been stroking for about 8 months now...I was really annoyed with myself tho as I wasted about 4 or 5 sheets between a cutting error and my printer not playing nicely...was really not a happy bunny as I hate waste!!!

Anyway this is what I came up with and Gaynor was so pleased with them...I started by printing the wording out(very stressful!) and then I cropped the photo from the old Christmas cards and used an EK Success punch to edge the bottom of them. I rounded all the corners and used the Tim Holtz splatter type stamp round then edges in Chocolate Chip by Stampin' Up and then stuck the photo on...I was really pleased how they turned out(I have deleted the date and contact details for obvious reasons!)...

I am getting quite a few orders through word of mouth at the moment so I am pondering whether having the Etsy shop is a good idea just now...I keep adding bits and pieces but not really selling anything...I have also been considering changing to Folksy since it is a British forum and I do think people are put of with Etsy being in $s even tho you can view in your own currency...What do you think? Does it put you of buying?

That's all for today...
Kirsti xxx

11 comments:

  1. Love the invitations,so nicely done.
    I buy a lot on Etsy,love to shop so nothing stops me.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the invitations, Kirsti! I love them.

    I hadn't thought of the currency issue in Etsy - I suppose because I'm in the US anyway. I have closed my Etsy shop because things weren't really moving and I was tired of paying the little fee-per-item every month. I'm glad to hear that you are still selling your beautiful wares though! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive got a shop with Folksy and also one with Misi, then the one with Etsy. Have you tried ebay too - although I know their charges are pricey....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm Etsy is definetely a larger and bigger forum. I have not shifted much in my Folksy shop! Personallyy most of my orders are from the US and the currency thing isnt really an issue. My top tip....just keep topping up that little shop! :) It will happen!

    All the VERY successful shops ahve pages of items in them. I am still working on that bit with only 2 pages of stuff!

    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great invitations Kirsti. Nice that they're so personal. I'm not surprised your friend was pleased with them.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. go you!! fab invites
    have never bought anything from Etsy so couldn't comment
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are really cute even better IRL. See ya Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These invitations are fabulous, I love them, so an original idea. I buy off Etsy, never heard of Folksy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful invitations - if the party is half as good as the invite, then everyone will have a great time!

    I only shop at Etsy once in a while... to be honest, I prefer UK sites that are easier to get round... Etsy seems a little jumbled to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will admit, I've bought from Folksy, but not from Etsy .. I think because I feel it's more hand made and of course british :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo