Thursday 2 December 2010

DECEMBER 365 CALENDAR...YES YOU DID READ THAT RIGHT...

Well who would have thought after just finishing November I would have had December all ready and waiting...but shock - horror - gasp - here they are!!! It's the last month of this fabulous challeng wich was started by Kate over at the Kathryn Wheel...why not start your own one since the New Year is just around the corner...it was great fun... These are quite straightforward pages this month - scraped on some Holly Berry acrylic paint and then scraped some gold over the white spaces that were left...I then used a piece of non-stick cooking mesh that I picked up in Poundland for...well a pound and sprayed though with some Pomegranit Dylusion Ink...gives a fab effect don't you think!!!
I had in my head that I wanted to use Christmas baubles for my days when I remembered I had a pack of Christmas Blonde Moments papers lurking in my paper store so I cut them out and arranged on the page (they are a little small so in hindsight I should have maybe scanned them and enlarged them)...I used another Blonde Moments sheet and cut out the santa, reindeer, snowman, trees and Christmas pud and edged them all with gold embossing...I think I am in need of a new Versamark pen and a new Stazon pad as both seem a little dry... The rosette in the corner was done using my new Hougie Board which is great for this...I was going to buy the Tim Holtz Rosette die but then I seen a YouTube video using the board and I thought that would be better as you could make different sized ones rather than just the one size from the die...it can also be used for loads of other things to so all in all I think it was a slightly better buy...
I stamped the numbers using Autumn Leaves Messy Dates and the words using MSE Multi Retro...
All done and ready to start next year!!!

14 comments:

  1. Oooo I like these December pages, love the use of the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you crafty demon you're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it....I think it's my favourite of the year, well done for making it all the way through...I wouldn't of. Far too organised LOL. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great December page. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic Kirsti. Well done on getting the whole year done.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I'm so impressed, this looks just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you ! Great pages .
    The rosette is fab -- Your Simply Create teamie Carol made a brill Christmas tree too using the Hougie to make different size rosettes !!!
    Hope this helps you finish your cushion so maybe dont publish it on your blog just let me know via my blog if it works -- must exchange contact details next time we see each other !
    Having stitched 9 squares with wrong sides tog to make two fronts procede.........
    For your backs --- measure your finished patchwork piece # and cut 2 pices same size # in coordinating fabrics. then make a sandwich with these and wadding which should be an inch smaller all round..topstitch corner to corner as with small pieces.you could stitch 12 to 6
    and 9 to 3 to make it more secure.
    stitch an edge of each piece to secure wadding .
    stitch the front and back together with wrong sides together
    snip all the edges
    machine wash
    stuff
    sew open edge
    et voila !!!

    hope this works for you
    Anne xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use the baubles Kirsti. The background is pretty cool too - amazing what you can pick up in poundland eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloating that you have finished doesn't become you just because I'm not started yet lol. Are you my advent countdown lol? I'll get there although it may be last minute as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done - you see you did manage to do December's pages really quickly after November. I on the other hand have not hahaha.

    I love the colour of the background - I can see another Dylusions purchase coming on.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! You and I are both ready for December! How did that happen??!! Your pages look FAB, love them. Can you believe we have almost finished a year? Will you keep going? Byeee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab pages Kirsti love the idea of the baubles and the mesh I'll be down to Poundland tomorrow to buy some.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow - can't believe the work you put into these pages, but it must feel great now you've finished the whole year Kirsti.
    tell you what is better - having the Hougie Board AND the Tim Holts die ; )
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is most definitely my favorite from you lovely calendar!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo