Tuesday 16 November 2010

OCTOBER CALENDAR PAGES (AT LAST!!!)...

Well here we are more than half way through November and I am just finishing my October 365 Calendar pages...check out the challenge over here on Kate's blog.....can't believe there are only 2 months left...wonder how many from the original list are still keeping up and will finish at the end of the year!!! I started out with them at the 'beginning' of October (honest!) but I just couldn't get into the groove with them....I have re-painted and re-inked these so many times that I just ended up going for what was on the page yesterday after Sonja beat me to posting hers!!! I tried to use stencils and masks but nothing seemed to work...I splatted and sprayed with Dyan's new Dylusions Inks....
I cut and distressed the little squares and then skooshed with some ink (orange hands to contrast with the green that was still there from Sunday's outing to Simply Create, but that's another story!) and then used all the Halloween stamps I had and stamped each one with an image in Spiced Marmalade distress ink....
This is what it looks like before writing and the images show up really well....
The images are from Lisa's Altered Art which were downloaded last year, some of which I added crackle accents to (I am really liking this at the moment)...
The little witch is also from Lisa's Altered Images but I thought she looked a little lost sitting in mid air and then I remembered Judy had used Tim Holtz's wall stamp on one of her her cards the other week which works a treat-it's amazing what you have that you forget about til someone else uses it!!!....the bird frame is a Unity and I did the date with the Dymo label maker....Not my favourite one but still quite please with how it turned out...


Now I wonder if I have time to start November's pages or should I just get going with some more stuff for the craft fair at the weekend....Kintore Primary School, Kintore - 10-12.30pm...come along if you live in the area...it promises to be a busy event!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Smashing pages, love them. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger is a pest and I don't know if that last comment worked. Pages are looking good and you were a scary woman with that green ink on Sunday. I fair thought I was going to be revamped myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray, you are back, but where are the photos of Libby's birthday. Ive been waiting to leave her a comment. Hey ho, I will leave her one here: Hope you had a brilliant birthday Libby and rec'd loads of lovely presents. 8 already, where does the time go.
    Love to you all.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous project kirsti....looks lots of fun to do...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kirsti I think this one is my favourite and congrats for making it through the year...I would have failed long before now. Love the Halloween theme. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking pages, so much work put in to them. I hope your hands have returned to normal colour! Great to see you on Sunday and I can't wait to see your finished cushion(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing your calendar pages, Kirsti! Love these for October! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great looking pages. Well done for keeping up (I've been late for the last 3 months too!). Only 2 months to go, haven't we done well?!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo