Tuesday 9 November 2010

NEW STOCK

I have come to the conclusion that if I tidy up my desks every time I finish a project and don't have 2 or 3 different projects on my desk at the same time I am far more productive.... I did these tags yesterday for the craft fairs coming up...I should really put them in the Etsy store but have become a little discouraged as nothing is selling!!! Not sure what the answer is...
And today I made these mini cards using ancient Hero Arts Graphic Lines Trees and my new Inktense watercolour pencils which I love...they are so nice to use...Am also loving my Dreamkutz and my Stamp-a-ma-jig!!! Only problem I had was once I had finished the cards didn't fit in the envelopes...I assumed the little kraft ones were for the half A4/halved again size cards but no, I had to then go back and trim each one to fit the envelope so all that time I save using the Dreamkutz to cut the card was wasted...lol...
I tied each little bundle with some gold ribbon (which I seem to have a 50metre roll of for some reason!) rather than put them in cello bags as I thought it was prettier!
That's it for me today - am now of to help set up the book fair at school ready for the kids tomorrow...then it's dancing and shopping and more dancing and tea....enjoy the rest of your day whatever you are up to!!!

9 comments:

  1. Loving the new stock. Thank you for Henrietta's card - I was well impressed, it arrived on time! Libby's is in the post, so hoping it arrives on Thursday. Love to all....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are really sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsti, your stuff is lovely! I'm sure it will go down well at the craft fair. Good luck with that!

    Don't be discouraged about your Etsy shop. It does take work to be successful on Etsy. I took a look at your shop and you could do a few things to get people to notice you....
    There are lots of articles on Etsy's Blog, which could be helpful to you - they give suggestions on improving your business in lots of ways, many of which are very simple, like using your Tags well, making full use of your 5 photo slots, the titles you use for your items... lots of stuff.
    I think your photos are quite good. You could add more tags to many things - look for some guidance about tags, as yours could be more fancy - eg. use colours and descriptive words that people may search on.
    But a big thing is that if you want things to be found in searches, I'm afraid you need to re-list them fairly regularly. This is tricky for smaller shops, as it can become expensive. But it's certainly worthwhile re-listing one or two items every couple of days, to keep your things somewhere in the searches.
    I'd re-list the Christmas Decoration(s) for a start... also add "Red" and "Star" etc to the Tags for this... Think about how the title is set up - maybe you want "Christmas" nearer the start of the name, so it comes up on Google...
    It's a bit of a science really, that I am still learning; but the information is all there, on Etsy, provided by other hard-working and more experienced Etsians!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new stock looks good. Fingers crossed for the fairs and shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing tags and have a great day at the fair. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kirsti, I love your tags and mini cards. Who wouldn't want them!? Hope they sell well.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the kraft look - those tags are particularly stunning, must try that
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty tags and cards. Love the kraft !

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo