Wednesday 14 July 2010

OK....PHOTO OVERLOAD.....

Feeling more like posting pics of the party from the weekend now... I think I was just so overwhelmed by the sheer amount of photographs that Pete took (Pete is my brother-in-law and he is often the 'official' photographer at family events - I reckon it's just cos he has a big one - camera that is!!!!) These first ones are my efforts.... Top Hats - dontcha love em?!?
Little sour cream pouches filled with Haribo for party bags....
Iced muffins (alas not homemade but I did ice them myself!!!)
The party bags (bags courtesy of Jacqui, thanks honey!!!)
Bunting in the party room, ie my kitchen!! I had to clear my craft desks of all my stuff so I had enough tables for the kids to sit at - there was 18 including Niamh.....we also had to get the chairs down from the loft and borrow from Jen and Pete...
Niamh on her actual birthday with all the presents I didn't let her open the day of her party....
Cake toppers...
the little darlings doing some craft before the magician arrived....
Do you like my Union Jack tablecloth - I was really disappointed when I opened it out to find the Union Jacks were only along the edge and not all over....but I have put this on my craft table now it's back in my craft room.....
In lieu of the Dormouse we had Ratty from Ratatouille....
The magician warming the kids up by making them dance like frogs!!!!
Enjoying some grub...
The 'homemade' muffins in my lovely cake stand that I got from Costco last Christmas for only 13 pounds (Bargain!!)....
Pass the parcel....
It's down to two.....and Stevie won, poor Eden was very disappointed that she didn't win!!!! The next game went down to Niamh and her cousin Blair (they have a real love/hate relationship) and Blair won.....
My house of cards, idea courtesy of SJ's Little Musings, I do have lots of tissue pom pom flowers which are on the Martha Stewart website but there are no photos of them except maybe in the background of the magician ones.....
Finally I would like to thank all my helpers, Jen and Pete (my lovely Sis and Brother-in law, Susan, Kelly and Mrs Rainnie(Niamh's nursery teacher)....and of course Ellie, Libby, Morgan and Finlay... and last but not least Allan from Allan's Magic (there is 2 of them called Allan!!) for a fantastic show!!!!!
So that's it til the next one...it's my birthday on Friday but there won't be no party for that so Libby is the next in November!!!!

8 comments:

  1. wow, what a fab party. I feel hungry now looking at all those cakes, and guilty that Jamie's party is at the play centre this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking really good. I'm glad it went well. Zander thinks you need to get a job lol. He was impressed with all the stuff you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I,m stamping my foot at the thought I missed out. Didn,t get the invite till I got back on Tuesday..!!!!
    You are right it is all wasted on the little ones, but you did a fabulous job girly..big brownie points for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab party, the kids looked like they were enjoying themselves. Loved the banner. More pics please....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a brilliant time, so can you come up with something for an 18 year old stroppy teenager?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the kids look like they had a great time, what a house full you had! I got the cupcake stand too but it hasn't been out of the box yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Kirsti! This looks fabulous. All of your special details are wonderful and it looks like the kids had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you cetainly know how to throw a party. What an amazing amount of work you put into it. It all looks fabulous and the kids (big and small) all seem to have a great time. You should go into the party business.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo