Sunday 18 July 2010

3D JEAN ALTERED BAG...

Last week while reading the Scattered Scarlett blog I spotted these gorgeous bags and knew immediately that I would like to make one for myself so I hotfooted it over to 3D Jean to get me a kit and here is my finished bag.... It's gorgeous....I think I would have liked the coloured background to be a little brighter... I experimented on some scrap fabric first and thought I had the balance right but I think with all the handling it has faded a little so next time I will do it a little brighter than I would like...
I won't give away any of the technique secrets but if you want a bag as beautiful as this one get yourself over to 3D Jean and order your kit....

I had this little 'help me' ArtGirlz charm for ages and I thought it would look cute in the birds beak....lol

For my bird I used a scrap piece of denim stamped and it with the fab script stamp that I treated myself to on Friday for my birthday from Simply Create....I love how you can use up your scraps for this project and I will definitely be doing more using these techniques in the future!!!!
I think I will look tres chic in Paris next week with this on my arm....what do you think???

16 comments:

  1. Yes, I think you will look quite lovely with this gem on your arm. I love the design and the colors! I'm off to check out the links to the other blogs you posted.

    Thanks for the inspiration! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The denim worked a treat I see. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw thats lovely, I am terrible at sewing (still dont understand my sewing machine lol x Maz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Paris is waiting for you... A friend made me a designer bag which has been stamped and coloured and I treasure it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh tres chic definitely! Great work Kirsti! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, very chic :-) It will be perfect for Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kirsti, love the bag. Jacqui and I have been planning to have a workshop on altered bags so keep watching the blog . The bags are ready to go so let us know if you are keen and can maybe get a date set soon .
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kirsti I love it. You will look very in vogue in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little bird looks great and I love the colours you've used - the flowers look especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday honey, the bag looks wonderful, well done. I love mine and use it lots.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is lovely. Hope you enjoy Paris, my favourite City :-) Lucky you! S xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bag! I am a sucker for anything with birds and your beautiful bag is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, i LOVE the bag. now i want to make one too! you've inspired me. thanks! i'll be back to visit often for more great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant bag and what a clever lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bag is fabulous I love the flowers on top of the cage.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo