Friday 2 July 2010

JUNE CALENDAR PAGES...

Sorry bit of a photo overload since I haven't posted for ages!!! These are my calendar pages for June...I only did them at the beginning of the week as the ones I did for this month I wasn't sure about so I thought I would keep them for July!!!
I am trying to keep with the theme of trying a new background technique every month so this month it's masking....I stamped and embossed in red, green and yellow lots of different flowers and then I put the Tim Holtz flourish mask on the page and inked it all up...I must say I think I am definitely improving in the inking stakes....(sorry think the photos are a wee bit dark as I have used the time machine feature from Paint Shop on them)... For the days of the month I used the same technique on a sheet of card and then put it through the Cricut and cut tiny tags so each one had a little piece of masking and then I edged with distress ink!!!

The stamp is a Tim Holtz one and I picked out the 'big' words in red...this was a bit of trial and error so thank goodness I practiced first....
The butterflies and flowers are Stampin Up chipboard pieces which I inked and embossed in various colours - I particularly liked the green verdigris ones..they turned out beautifully!!!

11 comments:

  1. Wohoho Kirksti this is fab! I like how you've shown us the before (background) and after (with journal tags) piccies together - I never think to do that. Your masking is amazing and I love your ink shading around the edges. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another page I wish I made :-). Love the ink technique with the stamp it worked well. You can tell me how you did it next week maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee Kirsti this is fabulous, what a beautiful project to create. Brilliant. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your July pages Kirsti! Totally gorgeous!
    The June tags look great completed too.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks soooo cool, I love the coloured flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kirsti I just love your pages. The backgrounds are stunning. I've got that flourish mask & haven't plucked up the courage to use it yet. It looks perfect on your pages. Love the little tags too.
    I hope JULY is a lovely month for you. Take care hunni. Love your new blog title. Have a great Sunday. Hugs, Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kirsti. I I love the background. June is perfect. I want to see July yet.

    Thanks for sharing

    Kisses from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really must get on with my pages, however I don't like the ones I have already done, so it's putting me off doing more lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love masking.. I really am becoming addicted to it. These are some great backgrounds. I'll have to look at the other months as I have a moment! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm.definitely having fun playing with paint, and can't wait to try some new things. My hubby is from Nottinghamshire, and we went on a trip to Scotland once. You must have some lovely inspiration by you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo