Thursday 15 July 2010

FARM HOLIDAY....

As I was looking through Niamh's birthday photos I was reminded of where we were this time two years ago....Quite by accident while lurking about the web I found a site called Featherdown Farms....so after careful consultation with Allan (I told him that's where we were going!!!) I booked us in for the Monday to Friday of Niamh's birthday week to Manor Farm in Hampshire which had the added bonus of being only about 20 miles from Allan's sister Carol-Ann...This is her on her 3rd birthday!!! Ellie making herself comfortable in her cupboard bed....honestly you have to go to one of these farm experiences to believe it - we had such a lot of fun....

This is snowy....there was lots of animals for the kids to get to know including pigs, chickens and these gorgeous wee lambs...
I think for the kids the most exciting thing was getting up in the morning and going to collect the fresh eggs from the chickens and this is where our love of them (chickens that is!!!) began... I even did a LO using these photos....

This is the accommodation for the week - the most spectacular tent you could hope for - 2 bedrooms, a bed in a cupboard, running (cold) water and a flushing toilet!!!...The wood burning stove was brilliant and we had eggs and bacon cooked on this every morning delicious and the whole place lit with gas lamps....all very Enid Blyton...lol

Definitely an experience the kids have never forgotten and I think a repeat visit will be in order maybe next year...0f to Disneyland Paris in just over a week this year....

9 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous where was it Kirsti? I think my two would love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kirsti it looks fantastic. I would love to give this ago. Maybe next year and as i am from Hampshire could kill two birds with 1 stone and go check out the relatives. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful, Kirsti and it sounds as if you had a great time!
    Hope you enjoy Disneyland Paris - we went there when DS was 4 or so, then were lucky enough to make a return visit when he was 9. Two different experiences, both of them wonderful. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what a wonderful experience to share with the children while they are still young & lovely that you have these photos to help keep your memories fresh. Thanks for sharing. :)
    Hope you have a safe journey & a WONDERFUL time at Disneyland. xx
    Can't wait to see the pics! Hugs, Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing Kirsti, and you all look so very happy. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so much fun...love the cupboard bed and what a great Famous Five Experience...hope you have a fun time at Disneyworld...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant place, love to you all....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go there now. I have lurked all over their website. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kirsti, We are just back yesterday from a Featherdown Farm and we loved every minute of it too! My daughter loved sleeping in the cupboard and is begging to go back next year, I'm going to fetch her now to have a look at your photos :)

    I love your bag too, might be tempted to give one of those kits a go.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo