Tuesday 6 July 2010

CLAUDINE AND MORE TEA PARTY STUFF....

At the end of last week I, along with Sonja and Jacqui signed up for the @home with Claudine class across at Big Picture Scrapbooking and these are the first things that we have had to do so far, etching into gesso and gesso transfer which is fab....We also had a wee canvas project to do but for the life of me I can't find the 4 mini ones that were sitting on my desk for ages before I re-organised but whilst looking for them I did find this (drat I forgot to take a picture of it before I painted over it but this is another one with an equally hideous image on it!!!). A couple of years ago I think we all but cleaned Au Naturel out of these especially when they went on sale at 50p each...The square measure around 4"x4"....
and this is how it looks now - I am well chuffed with it but the only thing is the 'teacup' word isn't very deeply etched - I found if you put too much gesso on it just all sooked back together but too little and you weren't getting a deep enough etching!!!....Oh well I'm sure practice will make almost perfect...lol

These next little 'things' are shrink plastic keyrings for the party bags on Saturday... I cut the boys ones out using the cricut which worked a treat and then I stamped the Mad Hatter image and the kids' names on the other side....
And voila...little personalised keyrings!!!!
I did the girls ones first using a Stampotique head as I took the first stamp that came to hand to practice with and it wasn't til I was doing the boys ones that I realised I should have been using an Alice in Wonderland image...DUH!!!! Never mind I am sure they will love them....

21 comments:

  1. Wow - you clever Mum you! Making party bag gifts...when mine were little I'm ashamed to say I bought them! (although I am making up for my lack of supermum (creative) abilities then, I am making our daughter's wedding invitations now!) They look great Kirsti - and I bet the girls won't notice its not an Alice character! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh you have been busy! Hope you enjoy the Claudine class - it looks like you made a good start :-)
    It's such a shame you lost all your previous comments. Blogger has a mind of its own sometimes. I think everyone has been having problems today....
    Hope the party goes well, you have certainly put a lot of preparation into it! Have a fab time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the party goes well, lovin all the things you have made and goes without saying re the Stampotique girl.
    Hope you continue to enjoy Claudine's class.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the head keyrings I want one lol. Need to play catch up with my Claudine stuff. I've done half of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kirsti , nice to see you and Sonia yesterday at Jacqui's -- the C H class looks good !!!! and I also love the stampotique stamps. hope you got the giant playing cards we spoke about ! Look forward to the party pics
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now which name would you like Sonja or 'Lasonja'...lol... Niamh still keeps calling you that...so funny....x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects all of them, you have been very busy and a super mum. Am sure they will love them. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! Kirsti you are a fab mum & a fab crafter. Great projects. Enjoy the rest of your class, can't wait to see more.
    Thanks for your big ((hug)) tonight the house feels strange without DD at home. :(
    Good Luck for the party.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. The girls are going to have a wonderful time......xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE all the creative stuff you are making! There's SO MUCH inspiration in this blog - TFS!
    /Annlouise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keyrings, thats a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are all great Kirsti, love the canvases and the keyrings are so cute
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. great keyrings, enjoy the party. Do you have a rub on wax? like treasure gold, it comes in different colours, maybe rub that over your word to highlight it and make it pop if you don't think it's standing out enough.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, I'm Theresa aka chattyscrapper on the board at BPS. I'm in the @hwc class too. I love your scalloped chipboard album and what you did with the tree. =) I'm so loving the class. I hope to have pics posted soon of the first technique.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi girlie, don,t wish to bother you, but I tnink my party invite must have got lost in the post. Will keep sitting by letterbox just in case its a late delivery.!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You are ahead of me in the class! I just received my supplies yesterday! I hope to get caught up soon. Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooooooo the class looks like its going to be a good one for you. I never spot exciting stuff like that in time.
    Good luck for Saturday....the sheer amount of fab keyrings you made scares me to imagine that one keyring=one kiddy...aaaggggghhhh lol....

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI Kirsti,
    Lovely blog. Thank you for including Paperklip on your blog roll. See you in class!
    Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hiya Kirsti! I'm also taking Claudine's class and it's fun to just play around. Although I haven't gotten as far as you - your pieces are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This grammy can't believe the effort moms put into their kids birthday parties these days! Well, I am older but it just makes me a bit tired seeing all you did! Absolutely fantastic. Now I see you are also in Claudine's class.... lots of fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kirsti! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your art that you have made in Claudine's class. I LOVE her class. I am very lucky in that she is coming to Portland, Maine in September and I have signed up for her class! She is doing a beeswax class. I'll be checking your blog regularly!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo