Sunday 6 June 2010

MAD HATTER'S TEA PARTY....UPDATE...

Today Ellie and Libby went of to Lochter for the day with Brownies leaving us with just Morgan and Niamh...Allan decided we were going to go to the Feein Market in Stonehaven but then I looked at the paper and realised he was looking at yesterday's so he said why not go to Thainstone instead....

One of the first things I spotted was this gorgeous cakestand which I immediately thought would be great for the Tea Party...
I asked how much it was and she said 8 pounds (or so I thought), she gave the usual sales pitch - not being able to get them like this anymore and she said she had paid 25 pounds for it, so I said I would think about it...After we left Allan said she had said 80 pounds so I thought no way. Just as we were about to leave Allan said he would go back and haggle with her - he asked how much I was willing to pay and I said 10 pounds so I gave him all the money I had in my purse and waited....He caught up with us with the cakestand all wrapped up in bubblewrap and when I asked how much, he said 17 pounds which was all the money I had given him so I was a bit annoyed and then he said she was asking 8 (not 80-we thought it was a bit weird that she was only asking 8 if she paid 25 for it) so he said 6, she said no, so he said 7 as that was all the money he had and she said YES!!! It's gorgeous isn't it??? Of course I googled it when we got back and found exactly the same one on ebay for 29.99 plus 6.45 p+p so it was a bargain!!!!

On to the envelopes for the party...This is the only 'paper' goods that I have bought so far....I stamped up 'key to the party' and the actual key in black stazon and the name and 'party' in SUs Real Red... Each name had to be done individually and was quite time consuming but so worth it.... I also stamped a tiny 'N' for Niamh on the key using my SU Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up all up (Elaine you would be proud!!)...
Oh yes...and we 'had' to do an invitation to Mrs Rainie (one of Niamh's nursery teachers)...Niamh is insisting that she is invited and it would be fab it she could come as she is really lovely - she has had Morgan, Ellie and Libby at nursery as well so Niamh is the last one....

And this is the 'Piece de Resistance'... Me and Ellie were in Tesco last weekend when we spotted this huge cardboard cut-out at the bottom of the escalator advertising the release of the Alice in Wonderland movie on DVD on 4th June and I said to Ellie that it would be fab as the welcome banner for the party... While walking round we bumped into Eddie who is one of the managers at the store and I asked him about it... he said he would lay it aside for me after they were finished with it...Yesterday we popped into Tesco for some bits and pieces after football and he gave it to us...I had forgotten how tall it was(I am 5' 6" and it's taller than me)!!! Had to fold it a little to get it in the car... It is now safely ensconced in the spare room and I am going to change the date on it to the date of the party....

20 comments:

  1. That cake stand is a bargain and very tea party worthy. I love the display but the invites are the best over all. I love the key, how did you sort it out in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the birthday party is going to be amazing and tallked about for a long time! great bargain too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks like it's going to be a fantastic party and I just love your invitations what patience you have but you're right they are so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Allan with the price of the cake stand, and oh my what a lovely cake stand - you did well. It will look fab with lots of colourful cupcakes on it. Love the poster too - the party is going to be just fab, make sure you take loads of photos. Love to you all....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some fab stuff for the party. It's going to be amazing... I hope everyone has a great time (especially you), after all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you sure know how to throw a party, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo excellent find - well done :D
    Your party looks like it is going to be fantastic!!!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love your cake stand and what a bargain. The AIW advert is just fantastic and will fit in lovely with your party. Hope the teacher makes it and DD has a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cake stand, a real bargain after all and just love the invites. What a great party theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great mum you are. It is lovely memories you are making for them so all your hard work will certainly be worth it. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is going to be the best party ever!! I have enjoyed reading every last bit of the preparation story and am now getting quite excited about the event itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading about this party!! It sounds so much fun. A lot of effort ahs gone in to it.
    Love the cake stand - very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. man this is going to be some party! I just love the invitations...what a fabulous job you have done with them and the cake stand is gorgeous! I used to be able to use the stamp ma jig but have forgotten..you will need to remind me :)

    Look forward to seeing you on the 14th?? Still coming?

    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like it's all coming together! Hope those kiddie winkies appreciate the effort!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow gorgeous cake stand, i am always buying odd cake plates. I like them all to be different and not part of a set, might have to get me a nice cake stand too lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful stand and what a great haggle job to get it - the Tesco freebie is a great find too. Hope the party goes swimming.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just LOVE the cake stand and what a bargain!!! This party is shaping up so well it's going to be a blast!!!!!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is going to be one heck of a party!! Love the cake stand :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kirsti, when I saw you working on the invites at the crop I loved them . You should be really proud of the work you have put in for the party -- A Mother's Love !! and
    What memories !!!!
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have given you blog award - pop over to mine to collect. Cant wait to here how the party went

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo