Sunday 20 June 2010

KATH'S SEWING BOX AND CARD...

After seeing Kath's demo over at Simply Create last weekend I put my name down for her class this weekend and we certainly weren't disappointed....Sonja came over and picked me up and we headed to Parade (again!!) for lunch and then a mooch around the shop - it's full of gorgeous (but mostly quite expensive) stuff for your home....We got to the shop where we met up with Erika and the whole afternoon was full of giggles and laughter!!!

This is the gorgeous card and sewing box we made using Claudine Hellmuth Sticky-back Canvas and Tim Holtz Distress Inks.... The dress making stamps are by a variety of manufacturers (I think) including Hero Arts.....
I decided that instead of matting my sticky-back canvas onto card for the layered look I waited til I got home and used my new Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Paint (as per Judy's class on Monday night) to edge each strip - I was very pleased with how it turned out....

And this is the card that matches in perfectly with it.....


So thank you Kath for a lovely afternoon.....xox

17 comments:

  1. They are absolutely gorgeous. I adore the box. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the colors and textures on these projects! Very well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow kirsti....fabulous work and I love how you finished it off with picket fence...and thank you for coming along and making the day so much fun...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Picket fence paint is lovely and I'm just finishing mine now. Had a great day and you were ace company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooo I wish I could have come!It looks amazing adn I just adore your box! It would make a perfect button box! I bet you all had such a good time!

    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about them - oh how I wish I could have been there. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning...love the finished article...going to take a pic of mine tomorrow, had a great class and good giggle on Saturday..looking forwards to the next meet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous. Love the colour combo and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh!!! HOW GORGEOUS :) wow ... beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what beautiful creations love the cotton reels on the top of the box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is all so beautiful, love them. Thank you for following my blog and leaving lovely comments, am just off to follow yours. Enjoy your day, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is really fab. I LOVE this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning card and box, they look bought not homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! What a pretty sewing box.
    Sandi, stopping over from Claudine's class.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo