Tuesday 4 May 2010

HAS MY MOJO RETURNED......

So I will start with this little plaque - someone asked me to make this ages ago for them and I completely forgot so I thought it might just be the starting point for getting my mojo back up and running again.... These were also something that I had forgotten I had to do as well... they are door plaques for my nephews...

This is something else that I have been working on this week... It started of as a set of plain frames joined together with hinges which had given me the idea to do something like this from Red Lead .... then it kind of evolved....

First of all I painted the frames using Adirondak paint dabbers in Celery and Sail Boat Blue...I then stamped the Tim Holtz images using Stamping Up Basic Gray ink

I painted the butterflies (Stampin Up Chipboard) in white then stamped and covered them in Crackle Accents but the stamped image went blurry once it had dried - still a nice effect tho... The flowers are cut using the new Tim Holtz Alteration Die Tattered Florals using just a piece of cardboard from a pizza box and then covered in some dictionary pages and more crackle accents... the other one is done using a piece of canvas covered in Faded Jeans Distress Stickles...both have a brad pushed thru for the centre...

This is 'Marci' from Stampotique... I stamped and embossed her and coloured in with Distress Inks...then masked her to do the background which has the little dots picked out in Black Diamond Distress Stickles... I stamped her little bows again and stuck them on with pads for a little bit of dimension....
This is 'me'... When I was getting the canvas for the flowers this picture was on the roll and was just the right size for the frame so I thot why not!!!

And last but not lease this is 'Smile'... I did the same for him as with Marci above....


Not sure but I am thinking that it is lacking somewhere and needs something else just to finish it of...but I am going to enter it into the Stampotique challenge 'Think Out of The Box' anyway....xox

edited: I have added the lttle word tabs on each of the frames but I am still not sure it is the 'extra little something' that it needs....

27 comments:

  1. Wow Kirsti this is fabulous, so original, I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Those are my all-time favourite Adirondack colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kirsti I love your plaques. They are super!! So glad you have your mojo back and looks like you didn't need the Stampotique class anyway :)
    You cards are Fab!
    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about a quote. I love it a lot and the odd sock board as well although I would need a MUCH bigger one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the odd socks plaque!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great frames and idea! Love your colouring and stamping!I can see that I'm not the only one who loves Tim Holtz AND the Stampotique stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you have used on the socks sign - really pretty. Hey hey, your mojo has returned - thank goodness.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very inovative Kirsti! Good look with the challenge! x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the odd socks hanger - would make a great addition. artistic display for the laundery room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Kirsti you're on a roll...love your odd sock plaque, great idea.
    The frames together are fabby, I love your style. We will have to get together at a crop sometime I'd love a go at something like that.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly are on a roll, great work, I love 'Marci' and her butterfly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what great projects! Super cute idea for the odd socks, but that Stampotique frame really knocked my socks clean off! FABULOUS! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, fabulous projects :) ... luv em :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Idea!! We not only get one and two, but three to look at and admire. Love the colors and the Tim Holtz background stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Think your mojo has returned and brought a friend with him - your creative juices are certainly flowing - great makes there. And don't you look cute? lol

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this idea very much! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kristi...
    Very fun idea! I love the colors you've used! Thank you for playing along with our challenge!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to make one of those odd socks holders, absolute genius, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it !!! I want the same !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your frames are perfect, and I love the odd sock holder!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the frames Kirsti and the odd sock holder is great xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the hinged frames - they're fab :)

    What a brilliant idea the odd-sock holder is!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your sock hanger, I could do with one...no three of them!!

    (Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have definitely got your mojo back this is a fab frame and I love the colours and the cutie picture in the middle LOL. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, the wall hanging, the frames, they are all gorgeous. I especially love the name stars as my son's name is Finley :-)

    Thanks for joining us this week at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. really fab! Can you make me an odd sock thing with about 50 pegs on it - I have no idea what happens to all daves socks lol! I usually throw the odds back in the wash in the hope that they will eventually be reunited with their partner.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo