Monday 19 April 2010

APRIL 365 CALENDAR PAGES....AT LAST

OK this has just taken me 4 attempts to get these uploaded in the right order....I have really struggled with this month's pages as I was away for two weeks and was then playing catch up.... anyway, how I did them was like this... I started of with prepped pages and decided I would like a blue background so I swiped over some of Claudine Helmuth's Sky Blue with a babywipe... then I stamped and generally messed around with some flowers with paint for the bottom half...

I stamped the sun stamp that came with this month's Craft Stamper in yellow and orange, moving it round slightly for the second colour onto tissue paper which I then cut out and glued onto my page with Liquitex Matte Gel with the result that the tissue all but disappears... great technique which is explained more fully in the Craft Stamper magazine... I have used this before but with wax instead of glue.... I then added the date and a few more images in this way...

I had originally cut out all the days in circles using the Cricut but when I took them of the mat I realised I had a stencil filled with circles so I decided to see how it would work if I used a paint dabber and it worked a treat... I did spray the 'stencil' with some repositionable glue first so I didn't get any bleeding..... I just have to remember what I was doing for the last two and a bit weeks now...lol...xox

16 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised it is taking you a bit of time to catch up..the detail in this is fantastic! And that is one gorgeous shade of blue paint. I think I need it now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsti,
    Loving your April pages. Hope you can remember all your days....
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, looks great and theres nothing on there yet. Hope you are all well. Kids back at school this morning, so hooray, I can now start to tidy the house - and it will stay tidy, well, only until 3.30.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these little pages are very nice!! I was looking at the March one you have list below also!!
    GREAT IDEA!!!
    I just wanted to stop by and thank you for entering my blog candy.
    Hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pages Kirsti especially the little flowers on the bottom. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That colour is gorgeous Kirsti and ....here she steps back in amazement...what a lot of work you've put into this months pages! But you can really tell - it looks fab, I really like that idea of using tissue paper that fades into the background. x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I recall it was something like relaxing, tanning, sunning and having a good time not that I'm jealous or anything lol. The tissue paper worked really well and the pages have a real spring feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I haven't seen Alice in Wonderland yet either! but nice April pages, love the clour! I never seem to have time to do that sort of thing!, Probably shouldn't blog hop!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Don't you just love the Housework is Evil thingy!! I'm glad you took it for your blog. We do need to pass the word....LOL!!! Love your April pages.

    xoxo Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a sweet and springy calendar layout, I can see it is a labour of love, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done for catching up! These pages look gorgeous, I especially love the flowers along the bottom. Look forward to seeing it all filled in! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely calendar! Love the artsy feel it has already! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad I found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking pages Kirsti. Well Done for catching up.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool project.. Happy blog hopping..

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo