Sunday 14 March 2010

WHERE TO START...

It's been another busy weekend which started on Friday with this gorgeous bouquet of flowers arriving at lunchtime..... They were so big I had to put Niamh in the photo so you can see the size of them. Sorry, it's not often I get flowers so it sends me a bit doolally when I do...lm(ws)ao

Not so good at arranging, so they were duly plonked into the beautiful jug that Susan gave me for my birthday last year and they look stunning.... They were actually an early Mother's Day present from Allan and the kids (he is away at the mo)....

Next up is Niamh who insisted on having her photo taken at the same time.... I just love this outfit that she got from Santa...she looks adorable in it...



On to Saturday... up at the crack of dawn (well earlier than usual for a Saturday), drop Ellie at her friend Chloe's for the day and then me, Morgan, Libby and Niamh set of for Elgin for a judo competition... only just passed Pitcaple and Morgan said 'Do you have my book?'(he needs to produce his judo licence to be able to compete on the day)....Drat, no I didn't so it was about turn and we flew back to Inverurie for it... Made the weigh-in with about 15 minutes to spare... He did brilliantly well...won 3 out of 4 fights earning him another bronze medal...Well done...

After that we had to wait for nearly 3 hours for the medals to be presented.... I was supposed to be popping in past Mayne House to see Sharon, Erica, Fiona, Emma, etc who were staying there for a weekend of crafting but I had to get back to pick up Ellie... Niamh also missed the birthday party she was supposed to be going to...

Sunday and Mother's Day - some really lovely handmade cards from the kids - much better than shop bought ones, schoolmade truffles and a lovely owl necklace that Libby got her friend's mum to buy when we were in town shopping last week (forgot to take a picture of it)

Also this lovely poem that Ellie has written at school... I was dead chuffed with it...


Today we have been to football over at Kemnay in the pouring rain, luckily I was able to get a space next to the pitch so we didn't get wet watching...lol... back to Inverurie where I popped into Tesco for some veg for tea and came back to the car where Niamh had been sick - she has spent most of the rest of the day in bed fast asleep, bless...
I decided to try to finish my March pages which I started last weekend... I had already prepped a page using the green Adirondack paint dabbers to I did another and then painted spots on using green and orange, when they were dry I went over some of them with a faint wash of white then added some dots in opposite corners using the sequin waste that Sonja brought me over last week... I added some stamped Blonde Moments flowers in Spiced Marmalade distress ink.....
Only thing is once it was all dry I wasn't really that happy with it, so I did a thin coat of gesso over the top with the intention of starting again but I found that I actually quite liked it so I added a few Spiced Marmalade dots using the SU Daubers and then tried (but didn't succeed very well) to scribble white circles on top using the Inkssentials white pen and the Uniball Signo one... still, I liked the effect as it was more subtle like the background now...
I had cut out some flower shapes using the Cricut for my days and I was pondering how to do the March 2010 when I seen my Art Journal cover which has bunting on the top so I made some out of a dictionary page painted with gesso and stamped up... It was quite tricky adding it to the page but I do like it....


This is how it looked before I added the days...

10 comments:

  1. You weren't joking about huge flowers. Just fab what a lovely husband! Those March pages are fab love the bunting and the gesso wash, will have to remember that. Hope Niamh is on the mend soon. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a busy weekend you have all had. Your flowers are just beautiful, you deserve them so much, you are a super mum and a super friend. Well done Morgan on your wins.
    Mothers Day here was quite hectic, went out for lunch, which was lovely - no cooking, what joy.....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are huge!! But deserved I think after all the running about you've done this weekend. Hope you enjoyed it all :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Kirsti, you are one busy Mum! Love your art calendar pages... the flowers look great - glad you showed us a before piccie of the lovely background! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my so much here! Loving those cards and WOW those flowers! t.x (ps. i suspect Niamh would look adorable wearing a bin-liner - she's just that kind of a gal!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy weekend....and still time for crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pages look lovely! And love the flowers you lucky thing! Now you can't ever say you don't get presents again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great Mother's day pressies, love the cards and poem, bless. Hope DD is feeling better today. Sorry you didn't get chance to visit us, just will have to come for the whole weekend next year.....we'll have to get Sharon on the case!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Niamh's top, Molly has the same one - too cute. Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo