Friday 19 February 2010

GINGERSNAP CHALLENGE...

I have been pondering over this for a week or so and after seeing this challenge on Gingersnap Creations to use your three favourite colours (which in this case are pink, green and browns) I decided to give it a go... I have tried to do a slightly different take on the House of Dreams from the March issue of Craft Stamper.... (sorry can't link the actual article)

First of all I covered an MDF heart in this fab tissue paper which came with a present that I received for my birthday last year from Jude.... I cut it out, used gel medium to stick it on and then brayered over it to smooth it down... adding a little Worn Lipstick distress ink round the edges....

I sponged some Worn Lipstick and Tattered Rose distress ink onto white card and I then stamped the Movie Star Paper Artsy image (which I received from Elaine as part of my Secret Santa gift) on top... matted it and stuck it to the heart... The butterfly is an image from Lisa's Altered Art which I changed to black and white and then sponged Peeled Paint distress ink over and stuck some little pearl flat backs to... I re-stamped the image again and cut out the stars and then crackle accented them and stuck them over the original ones to make them pop a little... added some string for hanging and there we have it - I am quite pleased with how it turned out... It shall be winging it's way to a friend as a birthday present now but not before I enter it into the challenge...

We are of to Manchester later for a big judo competition so won't be around for a few days so enjoy your weekend...xoxo

15 comments:

  1. That's lovely!! I want one - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great! Sorry, forgot the stapler this morning... Dad got called to a breakdown in Montrose so Paul will deliver the bed next week and build it in the room for you. Let me know what day suits. Wish Morgan lots of luck from us. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised your pleased with it, it looks fabulous.

    Have fun at the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous, love how you've used things up that you've had for a while - I really need to do this! Hope the judo goes well - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya
    Wow you come from Inverurie - I'm in Peterhead, how have I missed your blog!
    wonderful work on here, love the matchbox embellishment swap! gorgeous..
    Poor Haggis - I can only imagine loosing a pet, I have two cats who are both 10 now.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found your blog by accident, love you style - thanks for the inspiration XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Kirsti you deserve to be proud of it. Hope you all have a fab and successful weekend.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous!! Love your soft color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that turned out well. Another one I prefer to the original. I'm with Susan I want one too! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks wonderful and I'm sure your lucky friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow thats wonderful I love hearts and what a great gift it would make alma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning heart Kirsti, wow I love your style.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo