Tuesday 26 January 2010

NOT MUCH TO REPORT...

It's a week since my last post - what have I been doing???? Well, not much really (apart from ferrying kids around)....

On Saturday I went to the Aberdeen Crop at the Papermill in Dyce - great laugh.. and loads of cake!!!! Jude decided that the time was right for her to come along and so she has survived her first crop.... I am hoping she enjoyed it.... I wasn't very productive tho... Did manage to make one LO and did some sewing of a grungepaper bag that was featured in the October issue of Craft Stamper which I will show when it's finished (so should be sometime about July then...lol)...
I used Making Memories acrylic paints in Red Wagon and Eat Your Carrots and just splooshed the watered down paint on the page.... I then used the photographs from Niamh's secret photoshoot that I blogged last week... The hearts and flowers were cut out using my Sizzix machine and then I ran the kraft ones through the corrugator (not sure if that's the right name for it but you know what I mean)... I then stamped the date in the corner with the Making Memories magnetic date stamp set and that's it... I was trying to do this in a Dina Wakley kinda style but not sure I succeeded... but I like it....

Yesterday I received my blog candy parcel from Debbie at Country Heart and Home and Niamh and I promptly set to work with it... As some of you may know my oven went out with a 'bang' a couple of weeks ago and until such times as I get another we are making do so with this in mind we decided to 'bake' a pudding/cake.......using the slow cooker.....

Chocolate and Banana Pudding with Chocolate Sauce












Turned out ok and tasted absolutely delicious....very sweet... so thank you once again to Debbie for the lovely parcel....
Have also made a 'pink' card today for Jacqui's challenge over at Simply Create which I will drop of to her on Saturday at the Post Christmas Party which she is hosting... Can't wait...Lots of people going including my two good friends Susan and Sonja....that's it for today...xoxo

16 comments:

  1. I did enjoy the crop! Pity that I couldn't stay for the day (and that I forgot the papers I was going to use...!) but it was a lovely morning and I'll definitely be back. Loaf looks lovely - I must be feeling better! Shame I can't make Saturday, there's just too much on this weekend... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pudding looks great but Uurrghh bananas (cringe). Can you tell I don't like them? I'd have to put extra chocolate in mine to make up the difference!!!

    Glad you enjoyed the crop. I really should make an effort and go to the next one :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab cake wise and LO wise. See you Saturday. I'm with Liz on the bananas though can you ever go wrong with more chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that LO - very arty, but not pretentious. I've never been to a crop :( Only one I've seen near me charges £15 or half a day (you get a kit or something) so I just sit here alone *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You tease! Looks delicous and your daughter is adorable in her apron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cake looks delicious. Great idea about the "corrugator" (not sure what its proper name is eeither!) Might have to give it a go. Have fun on Saturday - still trying to find a way of getting there as I have no idea where it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous LO Kirsty. It's perfect in every way. :D Glad the crop was fun. Can't wait to see your bag. I can remember admiring it in CS. Oooh your cake looks sooooo yummy! I'd love the recipe if you get a mo! Hugs, Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOhhhh that cake looks just so good. If you wouldn't mind, I wouldn't say not to the recipe either.

    Love that LO too - what sizzix dies did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, the cake looks yummy. Not sure how you are surviving without an oven though. I am going to try and add some after photos of my craft corner to my blog in the next few days. Bye for now.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant LO Kirsti. Must try that corrugated effect too.
    Love the look of the cake aswell.
    See you on Saturday...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow...look at all the comments you are getting!!! Miss Populsr now ! LOL!! Looking forward to ctaching up on Sat! I don't think I am quite organized enought to get a pink card done!! What time are you heading in?? For 10 or a bit later???

    Hugs Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ...I didn't want to arrive and be a Norma no-mates!! Cool I will try to get in as close to 10!!

    see ya then!

    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The LO is lovely and the photos sooo sweet. The cake looks very yummy too:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cake looks yummy Kirsti.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab LO Kirsti and the cake looks to die for! you bringing some to the next crop? lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the simplicity of this layout page you made on this day. It's simple yet so eye catching, I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo