Wednesday, 30 September 2009
Monday, 28 September 2009
Sunday, 27 September 2009
Saturday, 26 September 2009
Today I learned
- that to kill a crab humanely, you place it in the freezer for 2 hours, then bring a large pan of water to the boil and once it's no longer moving (after being frozen to death presumably) you plunge it into the boiling water for 60 seconds - not very nice, huh!!!!
Wednesday, 23 September 2009
Monday, 21 September 2009
Sunday, 20 September 2009
Saturday, 19 September 2009
Friday, 18 September 2009
Passing the Purple Hat to You IN honor of women's history month and in memory of Erma Bombeck who lost her fight with cancer. Pass this on to five women that you want watched over. If you don't know five women to pass this on to, one will do just fine.
- I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.
- I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage. I would have talked less and listened more.
- I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.
- I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.
- I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth. I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.
- I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
- I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.
- I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.
- I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.
- Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.
- When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, 'Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.'
- There would have been more 'I love you's' More 'I'm sorry's.'
- But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute.look at it and really see it . live it and never give it back. STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!!! Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.
If you don't mind, send this on to all the women you are grateful to have as friends. Maybe we should all grab that purple hat earlier. Please send this to five phenomenal women today in celebration of Beautiful Women's Month. If you do, something good will happen--you will boost another woman's self esteem.
KEEP IT LIT! IN MEMORY .. . . . ..These are the colours that represent the different cancers. All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, even if it's to one more person, in memory of anyone you know who has been struck by cancer. A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle. Please Keep The Candle Going!
This one I do ask that you please send on. By sending this on, you will think and realize how you've been blessed, up until now. This is a disease which affects all families... no one is exempt!
Thursday, 17 September 2009
Delivered to you in a Take That Circus Live Presentation Box designed to look like a vintage suitcase, each box contains:-
An Exclusive Unisex T-Shirt "I Ran Away with the Circus" *
A Deluxe Version Tour Programme
A Circus Live Tote Bag
A Union Jack Mug
A Circus Live Tea Towel
And everything you need join the circus (bowler hat, red nose, face paint set, set of juggling balls)
Here are some more Scrap Attack pictures...
- Husbands are not very good at sticking to what they say (amendment: even tho you know it's for the best!!!)
- I feel much better after cycling to school and back again
- You can't always have what you want (even thou you really want it)!!!